Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is assessing the HOV carpooling (slugging) pick-up and drop-off pattern in the Staffordboro Boulevard Park & Ride lot in Stafford County. VDOT is concerned about observed congestion around the pick-up line on weekday mornings. We want to make the pick-up and drop-off area a better experience for users. User comments and suggestions are important to VDOT. To gather input, they have created an online survey to gather feedback from commuters. VDOT staff will visit the slug line in the near future to share the survey link, as well.
- No joke about it, National Walking Day is on April 1st this year! The first Wednesday in April is the day to bring your sneakers to work and walk at least 30 minutes during the day.
- National Walk to Work day is the first Friday of every April. That could be a long walk for some of our commuters! Will you walk for at least part of your commute?.
- National Bike to Work Week is May 11-15 with National Bike to Work Day on May 15th. Biking to work is feasible if a commuter lives within 5 miles of the workplace. Maybe you could bike to the commuter lot!?
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is now available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling on the new 495 Express Lanes in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.