Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- Sunday, December 14th – In the evening, the new ramps and lanes on I-95 open to traffic.
- Sunday, December 14th to Sunday December 28th – Standard HOV rules will continue to be in effect during rush hour, with the exception of holidays. No tolling on the 95 Express Lanes and lanes open to all traffic outside rush hours.
- Monday, December 29 – Starting with morning rush hour, full Express Lanes rules will be in place 24/7. E-ZPass or E-ZPass Flex is needed to use lanes.
- Commuter Connections has introduced mobile apps to give commuters state-of-the-art access to its programs on their smart phones and tablets. Visit Commuter Connections and click on your platform’s image at the top to download.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is now available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling on the new 495 Express Lanes in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.