Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- Metro Yellow Line shutdown starting Monday, November 26th, and continuing until Sunday, December 9th. Metro’s Yellow Line will shut down for two weeks as the transit agency closes the bridge over the Potomac River to work on repairs. Alternate routes include free Metrobus express shuttle service between Franconia-Springfield and Pentagon and between Pentagon and L’Enfant Plaza weekdays until 8 p.m. During rush hour only, Metro also plans to offer express shuttle buses between Franconia-Springfield and L’Enfant Plaza and between Crystal City and L’Enfant Plaza. Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is another great weekday option with stops at Franconia-Springfield, Alexandria, Crystal City, L’Enfant Plaza, and Union Station. Learn more.
- New FRED Bus route From Caroline County to the Spotsylvania VRE! The map to the right shows the new C1 FRED Bus route that opened on July 2, 2018. The route serves Thornburg, Ladysmith, Carmel Church, Bowling Green, and more. Click here for route details. For assistance call FRED at 540-372-1222 or www.ridefred.com. Click here for a coupon!
- Official Virginia Bicycle Map. For information on bike trails and facilities across Virginia click on on this map If you would like to get a paper copy of the map contact GWRideConnect at 540-373-7665.
- Fredericksburg Projects. Click on this guide for information on area road construction and upcoming projects.
- GWRideConnect Leased Commuter Parking Spaces Available! The spaces are located at Claiborne Run, 1 Jadip Lane, Stafford, VA. Please contact Diana Utz, Director of GWRideConnect, to obtain a parking permit and direction, 540-373-7665.