Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- Transit Benefits now equal to Parking Subsidy!
On Friday, December 18, 2015, President Obama signed into law a year-end tax and spending package that includes a provision to permanently establish parity between the IRS-recognized transit and parking fringe benefits. In 2016, the maximum transit benefit allowance will increase to $255 each month (currently $130). Check with your HR departments to find out how this can benefit your commute!
- After nearly a decade of planning, a new VRE station in Spotsylvania County is open! The station is located at 9442 Crossroads Pkwy. Please click here for a PDF copy of the new train schedule.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is assessing the HOV carpooling (slugging) pick-up and drop-off pattern in the Staffordboro Boulevard Park & Ride lot in Stafford County. VDOT is concerned about observed congestion around the pick-up line on weekday mornings. We want to make the pick-up and drop-off area a better experience for users. User comments and suggestions are important to VDOT. To gather input, they have created an online survey to gather feedback from commuters. VDOT staff will visit the slug line in the near future to share the survey link, as well.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is now available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling on the new 495 Express Lanes in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.