Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
Is your pool ready for winter?
- Express Lanes Open – The full rules of the road including tolling and the 24/7 E-ZPass/E-ZPass Flex requirement are in effect. Toll prices are on the dynamic signs. Please be alert for new traffic patterns.
- Miss a Toll? – If you traveled accidentally without an E-ZPass, you can avoid a toll invoice by paying your toll through the Missed a Toll process. These payments are made through Express Lanes not GWRideConnect.
- New Program! – VDOT and the 95 Express Lanes launched a new program to help ease the transition for carpoolers who have ordered – but haven’t yet received – their E-ZPass Flex. Full-time carpoolers who order an E-ZPass Flex via Virginia E-ZPass will have an opportunity to register their license plate for seven days of toll-free travel to tide them over until their Flex arrives in the mail.
- Commuter Connections has introduced mobile apps to give commuters state-of-the-art access to its programs on their smart phones and tablets. Visit Commuter Connections and click on your platform’s image at the top to download.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is now available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling on the new 495 Express Lanes in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.