Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- Are you a Dahlgren Commuter? If so we want to hear from you. Dahlgren is working with the George Washington Regional Commission, FRED Transit, and GWRideConnect to explore options. You can help by taking a few minutes to complete this brief survey: Survey.
- New Slug Line Signs in Stafford Lots. Stafford County is posting destination signs at the Staffordboro and Mine Road commuter lots for slug lines in response to a grass roots initiative from commuters. “Sluggers” requested the signs to more easily determine car pool destinations. The signs will debut on Monday, November 13, 2017. Read more here.
- Fredericksburg Projects. Click on this guide for information on area road construction and upcoming projects.
- GWRideConnect Leased Commuter Parking Spaces Available! The spaces are located at Claiborne Run, 1 Jadip Lane, Stafford, VA. Please contact Diana Utz, Director of GWRideConnect, to obtain a parking permit and direction, 540-373-7665.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.