Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- UPDATED 95 EXPRESS LANES SCHEDULE. Beginning Friday, June 10th, the northbound 95 Express Lanes and I-395 HOV lanes will close weekdays at 10:00 a.m. for the morning reversal to improve corridor travel during the summer. Please see the schedule on the bottom right.
- Metrorail to close at midnight every night beginning Friday, June 3rd. The Metrorail system will close at midnight every night to allow for the implementation of SafeTrack, an expanded track work plan to improve Metrorail safety and restore service reliability. The last night with a 3 a.m. closing time will be Saturday, May 28.
- Transit Benefits now equal to Parking Subsidy!
On Friday, December 18, 2015, President Obama signed into law a year-end tax and spending package that includes a provision to permanently establish parity between the IRS-recognized transit and parking fringe benefits. In 2016, the maximum transit benefit allowance will increase to $255 each month (currently $130). Check with your HR departments to find out how this can benefit your commute!
- After nearly a decade of planning, a new VRE station in Spotsylvania County is open! The station is located at 9442 Crossroads Pkwy. Please click here for a PDF copy of the new train schedule.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is now available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.