Vanpools, Carpools & Buses
for Commuter Ridesharing
GWRideConnect is a free ridesharing service that assists commuters who are seeking daily transportation, such as vanpools, carpools and buses, from Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George counties to employment locations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia, Richmond, Dahlgren and other employment sites right here in the Fredericksburg area. Learn how GWRideConnect can make your commute easier and less expensive.
- Downtown Fredericksburg Circulator! This pilot program offers a shuttle service through Trolley Tours of Fredericksburg on Friday and Saturday evenings. For information and an interactive map please click here. The service does not operate on First Fridays when the Fredericksburg Arts Commission offers free shuttle service.
- New FRED Bus route From Caroline County to the Spotsylvania VRE! The map to the right shows the new C1 FRED Bus route that opened on July 2, 2018. The route serves Thornburg, Ladysmith, Carmel Church, Bowling Green, and more. Click here for route details. For assistance call FRED at 540-372-1222 or www.ridefred.com. Click here for a coupon!
- Official Virginia Bicycle Map. For information on bike trails and facilities across Virginia click on on this map If you would like to get a paper copy of the map contact GWRideConnect at 540-373-7665.
- Fredericksburg Projects. Click on this guide for information on area road construction and upcoming projects.
- GWRideConnect Leased Commuter Parking Spaces Available! The spaces are located at Claiborne Run, 1 Jadip Lane, Stafford, VA. Please contact Diana Utz, Director of GWRideConnect, to obtain a parking permit and direction, 540-373-7665.
- For reports on area projects and proposals, Click here.
- The new E-ZPass Flex is available. E-ZPass Flex is an E-ZPass with an additional switchable feature designed specifically for those traveling in Northern Virginia with 3 or more people in their vehicle.
Wondering what the Commute Fairy has been up to lately? Check out our radio advertisements here.